Monday, May 30, 2005

Science is everywhere!


Painted Rocks Petroglyph Site

I was thinking... "how lame am I for not putting any pictures on the blog"? So here is my first attempt to upload a picture for all of you to see.

This was in late March when Edwin and I went to Arizona for a week of just relaxing and goofing off (as boring as that sounds you wouldn't believe how much we look forward to doing nothing now in our lives which are all too busy and full of deadlines and decisions). We visited Organ Pipe national monument and Painted Rocks Petroglyph Site. Petroglyphs are patterns chipped into rocks by Indians in the past 1000 years. Apparently rocks out there develop a black patina of dust and minerals and other stuff, and if you chip at it, the you can see the lighter stone underneath.

http://www.centerfordesertarchaeology.org/visit/painted_rocks.html

I thought it was pretty cool....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home