Saturday, November 05, 2005

My suitemate has...

Lice. In her hair.

Sarah (another suitemate) and I spent all of last night and today cleaning the place. We had to get this special spray that kills lice on non-washable items, because she thinks she got it from the couch (most likely not). Apparently, she's had it for a week. Since everyone else went home for the weekend, Sarah and I had to de-lice the place. I've only been here for about one and a half months and I'm getting really annoyed with Lice-girl. She's a big slob and expects everyone else to clean up after her. She didn't even help us clean the place.

Anyways. Aside from that, its been great here. I really like the rest of my suitemates, and for the most part, we get along fine. There's six of us in the suite, which has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a living room, and a kitchen. We live in University City, right near 30th Street Station, so we can hear the trains during the day. Even though we only live on the 4th floor, the view's pretty nice, especially at night when the buildings all light up.

Classes are mostly interesting and the workload is ok. There's really no "busy work" like in high school. Mostly, its just studying and going over notes. There's always lots of things going on around here, both on campus and off, so its never boring. Still, I can't wait to go home. I'm getting really tired of eating dining hall food.

The view from my room (Well, actually the lounge on the 4th floor. But this is what I see from my window everyday).



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lin!! Call me, I live right across the street from you on 31st and Walnut at the Left Bank. -Helen
hhung@eifis.com

11/06/2005 6:33 AM  
Blogger Jeff Yang said...

Ewww. Lice. Was it scary? There was one place I was at that had fleas, and that was scary... I started sleeping/sitting up in the middle of my sheets just so I could spot and kill the suckers before they got me.
It seems to be a pretty nice place otherwise although it looks like you never took down the decorations your RA put up.

11/07/2005 1:57 AM  
Blogger lin said...

Scary? Yeah! I never actually woke up in the middle of the night looking for lice, but for the first couple of days, everyone was feeling really itchy all over their body. It's all in our heads...but Lice-girl's roommate has lice now too. We're all freaked out.

11/11/2005 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home