Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm Carbon Neutral!

Hi family! Today I have the honor and privileged of saying that I am leading a carbon neutral life. What this means is that I have offset my Co2 usage enough that I am contributing zero carbon emissions to the environment (The pesky thing that causes global warming). I calculated my 10 Tons of yearly carbon usage based on:

  • 7555 kilowatt hours of electricity (2006 Actual - household of 3)
  • 426 Therms of natural gas (2006 Actual - household of 3)
  • 12,000 miles driven per year (Estimate)
  • 6,000 miles flown per year. (Estimate)

I decided to purchase my carbon offsets through a company that is a minority (Native American) owned business called NativeEnergy ( www.nativeenergy.com ).

Did you know that if every American home replaced just one light bulb with an ENERGY STAR, we would save enough energy to light more than 2.5 million homes for a year AND prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of nearly 800,000 cars?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home