Friday, May 13, 2005

My Job

I will be working for CGI-Ams, which used to be American Management Systems. They got bought by CGI (a canadian company), and there is one more year of CGI-AMS before the name changes to just CGI. Anyway, the company provides "Business Solutions through Information Technology". Basically, I'd be involved in implementing technology that would allow things to run faster/smoother (and therefore cheaper). Of course, we charge enough so they will break even after five years, at which point we would have to do the whole process over again (don't blame us, blame Gordon Moore). Since I'll be a consultant, I'll get to work on regional projects, mostly in or around DC. Each project runs on average from 3 months to 15 months.

The thing I like is that CGI does lots government work, so I will get to do both private and public work. Since I'm interested in politics, I can experience first hand how the government (slowly) runs. I honestly don't know exactly what I'll be doing, because every time I ask someone I am always told the same thing -- It depends on the project!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home